Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
An easily assembled crock pot casserole with slight curry accent. My favourite version.
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, skin removed and quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup dried currant
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons good quality curry powder (or more)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place chicken in the bottom of the crock pot, you may brown the parts if you wish.
- Heat olive oil and briefly saute garlic, onions, green bell pepper, celery and curry powder.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the almonds.
- Stir to combine then pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low setting for 6 hours or less.
- Serve over basmati rice and sprinkle with almonds.
Yummy yum yum! I used red bell pepper instead cause it's what I had and I added ground cayenne pepper to taste. It is also good with plain white rice if you don't have basmati rice. Easy and fabulous flavor. I don't think the name describes it at all though...