Recipe by bmcnichol
This chili is different from my regular chili. My family enjoys it for a change of pace. I keep packets of browned ground beef in the freezer which makes this recipe even easier to put together in the morning. Adapted from Quick Cooking.
Top Review by LARavenscroft
This was very good. I didn't make this in a crock pot as my work schedule really doesn't work for using a crock pot except on weekends (I'm gone from home at least 10 hours everyday), but did make it on top of the stove and it worked just fine. Makes a nice quick and easy dinner for a busy night. I did add an 8 oz can of tomato sauce as a personal preference. Thanks for posting this! Made for Fall 2009 PAC.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 3⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Place cooked beef in crock pot and stir in beans, tomatoes, corn, picante sauce, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Top with cheddar cheese when serving if desired.