Recipe by Bergy
I was craving some sauerkraut and had this lovely piece of corned beef so I searched and searched and couldn't find a recipe so made this one up. A tin of plums will do and the hot sauce is optional but it does give it a bit of kick. I stated Sweet Russian Mustard but the Sweet German will be fine too. I enjoyed it and hope you will too.
- 2 lbs piece corned beef brisket
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut, drained but not hard squeezed
- 1 cup stewed whole Italian plum, lightly drained, stones removed
- 4 tablespoons sweet russian prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons ketjap manis
- 3 teaspoons hot sauce (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse the meat under cold water and dry on paper towels.
- Mix together the sauerkraut, plums, mustard, Ketjap Manis and hotsauce.
- Place half the kraut mixture in the bottom of the crock pot, then put in the corned beef and top with remaining kraut mixture.
- Turn crock Pot to low and cook for 7 hours,.
- Slice and serve with grainy mustard and hot sauce on the side.