Recipe by Modaba
A great recipe if you work during the day and want to have dinner fully prepared for your arrival home at the end of the day! My husband said this was PHENOMENAL! The meat was so tender! I will make this again soon. I won't wait for next St. Paddy's Day. The weird thing is...normally my husband and I don't get too excited about corned beef and cabbage, but this was soooo gooood!
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs corned beef eye round
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 8 -10 ounces beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I used coarse "pub syle")
- 3 tablespoons horseradish (I used Inglehoffer cream style)
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eye round in crock pot. Add carrots and chopped onion around the side of it. Add can of soup and beef broth. "Smear" mustard and horseradish on the eye round. Add cabbage. Marinate in the crock in refrigerator overnight. In the morning, turn crock pot to low and cook at least 6 hours. (I checked it after 6 hours and then turned crock pot to "keep warm" setting for 4 hours longer).