Prep 35 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Everything goes into the pot at the same time, makes things so much easier. Turns out great every time!!
- 4 -5 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 2 cups fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 (3 1/2 lb) corned beef brisket, with spice packet
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- Place the potatoes, carrots and cabbage in a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cut brisket in half; place over vegetables.
- Add the water, caraway seeds and contents of spice packet.
- Cover and cook on low for 9-10 hours or till meat and veggies are tender.
I made this as posted, except since I was in a hurry to put it together, forgot the carrots. Also, did not add water at all. Cooked for 9 hours, delish. I have never made corned beef that turned out this good!! Thanks Carol
First time I used crockpot for corned beef. I used 1 pound whole carrots, 2 pounds whole new potatoes, 2 onions halved placed on bottom meat on top. (Cooked cabbage separate) I cooked it 7 hours on low. Thanks so much for posting this, it turned out great. The corned beef very tender and did not shrink as much as on top of the stove. Thanks again for a great St. Patricks Day dinner when I came home from work!
This was the first time I cooked corned beef. My husband was a big fan but me not so much. I put the beef at the bottom to try to avoid a total mushfest with the veggies. It didn't work they were all mush. The meat was very tender. I might try it again but add the veggies later. Thanks.