1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Corned Beef Dinner
Shabby Sign Shoppe's Note:
The one and only way I prepare Corned Beef. The glaze makes a yummy topping and this will melt in your mouth! I am ALWAYS asked for this recipe, usually by friends that don't like corned beef.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs corned beef, with included seasoning packets (buy the cheapest cut, the fattier cuts have more flavor)
- water, to cover
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 lbs baby red potatoes, whole
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage, green, quartered
- 1Cover; Place first 4 ingredients in crock-pot. DO NOT add vegetables. Cook on LOW 11 hours (get up early :).
- 2Remove meat and transfer liquid to another large pot.
- 3To the reserved liquid add potatoes.
- 4Cook on medium high stove top for 20 minutes and then add carrots, cook five minutes more, add cabbage and cook an additional 20 minutes.
- 5Meanwhilem, mix glaze ingredients. Spread glaze evenly over cooked brisket and bake meat (uncovered) for 30 minutes in oven at 350 degrees.
- 6This should be done about the time the vegetables are cooked through.
- 7I serve this with Irish soda bread and of course -- beer.
- 8(Note *** #8 corned beef feeds 6 adults and 5 kids, also prepare 5# potatoes, 2 # carrots and 2 heads cabbage and double glaze. It looks like a lot when you have it uncooked but meat shrinks about half once cooked. *** There will be leftovers, but you'll be happy then next day! otherwise if you are making this recipe for 1-4 people, stick to original recipe).
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Corned Beef Dinner
Serving Size: 1 (1121 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1643.5
- Calories from Fat 786
- Total Fat 87.4 g
- Saturated Fat 29.0 g
- Cholesterol 444.9 mg
- Sodium 5484.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 122.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 69.1 g
- Protein 91.8 g