Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an all inclusive meal for our family, very easy to make.
- 2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 large potatoes, cut into quarters
- 2 large carrots, cut into quarters
- 2 large celery, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Add remainder of ingredients, finishing with chicken stock and water.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Slice beef and serve with vegetables from crock pot.
All I can say is wow! I had corned beef but no cabbage, so this recipe fit the bill perfectly. It blew my expectations out of the water. We devoured it. Thank you.
I was looking for a good corned beef recipe without cabbage and this really was perfect. I liked all the other vegetables with it. Very good flavor!