Leftover corned beef makes great sandwiches--Rueben's are good.
Make and share this Crock Pot Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket, with spice packet partially frozen
- 1 (20 ounce) package baby carrots
- 1 head cabbage, cut into about 10 wedges (1 1/2 lbs)
- 15 -30 ounces canned whole potatoes, drained
- In a 6 quart crock pot, combine water, vinegar, sugar, pepper and onions.
- Place corned beef in mixture.
- Cook, covered on HIGH for about 4-4 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and scatter around the carrots and cabbage wedges.
- Cover again and continue cooking on HIGH 3 to 4 hrs longer or until beef is tender.
- Add drained potatoes about 20-25 minutes before serving (just to heat through).
- Serve beef, sliced with cabbage and veggies.
- Add a little cooking juices on top of the beef slices to keep it moist.
- Serve with Dijon mustard or horseradish and some crusty bread.
- Serves about 6-7 people.