Cook10 hrs 30 mins
Hearty stick to your ribs cooking. Great for St. Pat's Day or New Years. Has a nice sauce or serve with lots of grated horseradish.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with the brisket and sprinkle meat with the seasoning packet.
- Pour beer over meat, and if necessary, add water until meat is just barely covered.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours.
- Remove meat from crock pot; set aside and keep warm.
- Place cabbage in crock pot; cook on high for 30-35 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to your liking.
- Mix together applesauce and mustard, and use as a sauce for the meat, if desired (prepared horseradish goes well also).
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and serve hot with cooked vegetables.