Recipe by Sue Lau
Hearty stick to your ribs cooking. Great for St. Pat's Day or New Years. Has a nice sauce or serve with lots of grated horseradish.
Top Review by Caroline Cooks
Yes, sir!!! It's a great! recipe, Sue. Use the veggies as you said, except the potates. Instead of the applesauce-mustard, I used Recipe#13326 for the beef. YUM! Will use this recipe again.
- 4 red potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 4 carrots, chopped into chunks
- 1 onion, cut into wedges
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket (with seasoning packet)
- 12 ounces beer (non-alcoholic beer such as O'Doul's is ok)
- 1 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Top with the brisket and sprinkle meat with the seasoning packet.
- Pour beer over meat, and if necessary, add water until meat is just barely covered.
- Cook on low 10-12 hours.
- Remove meat from crock pot; set aside and keep warm.
- Place cabbage in crock pot; cook on high for 30-35 minutes or until cabbage is cooked to your liking.
- Mix together applesauce and mustard, and use as a sauce for the meat, if desired (prepared horseradish goes well also).
- Slice meat thinly across the grain and serve hot with cooked vegetables.