This is my version of Corned Beef and Cabbage for the Crock pot and it always turns out great. I like my method of cooking the cabbage outside of the crock pot at the end because it keeps the Cabbage from getting soggy and remains nice and crisp.
- You will need a large crock pot for this. Put the potatoes in the bottom of the crock pot, pierced once with a fork.
- Put the corned beef on top of the potatoes along with the juices from the bag.
- Run water in the bag and measure one cup and add to the pot.
- Quarter 3 medium sized onions and put on top of the meat and add carrots. Put lid on pot and cook on low 8-10 hours .
- Cut cabbage into about 6 wedges.
- Pour broth from crock pot over cabbage and steam until tender in a large frying pan 20 to 3o minutes.