Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 hrs
The easy way to cook your St. Patrick's Day dinner.
Make and share this Crock Pot Corned Beef and Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 4 1⁄2 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 head cabbage, cut in small wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups water
- Combine ingredients in crock pot with cabbage on top.
- Cut meat to fit, if necessary.
- Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours; high 6-7 hours or auto 6-8 hours.
Vinegar allows meat to absorb seasoning!! So for those worried about the flavor coming through, unless your using a ton of it...no need to worry! Vinegar is used in many meat marinades.
Ths corned beef was the best I think I've ever had. It was fall apart tender. I did add 4 small red potatoes quartered and omitted the vinegar (as my DH dislikes it). This is a great hit at our house and will be made lots. Thanks for the recipe.
This was the FIRST meal in our BRAND NEW crock pot. Hey, I'm a guy and I did this one alone. It was soooooo simple and tasted well enough to make the irish smile. Oh ya, made the wife happy also to have a sunday off from cooking *smile*. It's a keeper, I'll do this one again.