Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is very easy to make. Just put everything into the crock pot in the morning and come home to a fully cooked meal!
- 3 1⁄2-5 lbs corned beef brisket
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, finely-cut
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 6 small cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place onions in cooker.
- Place meat on top of onions. Add juices and spices from package.
- Combine next 5 ingredients; pour over corned beef brisket.
- Place cabbage on top of meat.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10 to 12 hours or on high heat setting for 5 to 6 hours.