Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
A must have with turkey at Thanksgiving and any other time you can get it!
- 1 8 inch pan cornbread
- 8 slices day old bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper (optional)
- Break up bread.
- Mix all ingredients with bread, except margarine.
- Pour into crock-pot, dot margarine on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
the first time I made as recipe stated...CAME OUT GREAT!!! Second time I used a box of generic chicken/sage stuffing mix istead of the bread...GREAT ALSO AND EASIER...omitted the sage
Awesome recipe and so easy - thank you very much!
So delicious! My husband said it tasted just like his southern mothers homemade version.