1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing
4 hrs 15 mins
This is absolutely the best dressing I have ever had and so simple to make. Put it in the crock pot and forget it. Hope you enjoy (Update) I have also made this with Rita's Corn Bread with Jalapeno & Cheddar Cheese Cornbread With Jalapeno and Cheddar Cheese and just left out the cheddar cheese and it turned out great)Update: I omitted the salt after SusieD's review. Just add to your liking. I have recently made this and added chopped up chicken to it and it's excellent.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups cornbread, . (cooked, The box cornbread mixes such as jiffy will make this sweeter)
- 8 slices day old bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sage or 1 1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth or 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans turkey broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1Lay your bread out on the counter the night before you prepare the dressing so that it will dry.
- 2Crumble the breads.
- 3Add all other ingredients except butter. Salt to taste.
- 4Pour into a sprayed crock pot.
- 5Dot with butter.
- 6Cover and cook on high for 2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
Browse Our Top Egg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Egg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Cornbread Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.6
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 65.2 mg
- Sodium 563.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: