Recipe by Shirl (J) 831
This recipe is one my mom used to make and I posted it today in response to a request.
Top Review by Canadian In Atlanta
This is very tasty and turned out quite well. I made mine a little differently -- no can. I used the usual slow cooker quick bread method (separate dish covered with foil, placed on a trivet in the crock and then poured hot water around the dish). Bread turned out HUGE and moist, so we'll have quite a few servings.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter. Stir until just moistened.
- Place batter in a 2 quart greased can.
- Place can on rack or trivet in bottom of crock pot.
- Cover; cook on high for 2-3 hours.