Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is from a few different recipes that I got ideas from to make my own version. If you want a thicker soup, add a small amount of instant potatoes towards the end to your desired thickness.
- 118.29 ml salted butter
- 793.78 g bag O'Brien potatoes, frozen
- 2 (609.51 g) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 418.15 g can cream-style corn
- 3 (1254.46 g) can corn, drained
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 59.14 ml dried onion flakes
- 9.85 ml parsley
- 1.23 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 709.77 ml half-and-half (fat free is okay)
- Put frozen potatoes O'Brien in crock pot.
- In seperate bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except butter.
- Pour into crock pot and stir in with potatoes.
- Stir in the butter, or just throw it on top of the mixture -- it will melt as cooking.
- Cook on low for approx 6 hours.
This sounds like a great recipe. I think I'll make it with diced potatoes instead. Hopefully it would keep the fat down.
A nice mild tasting chowder. I did have difficulty fitting this into my crock pot. Mine is probably smaller than yours. I lined my crock pot with a liner (can find inexpensive liners at Amazon) then when I had most of it in and could see that no way would I be able to get the rest of it in--so discarded probably about a cup's worth which is not the end of the world. But next time I would eliminate the third can of whole corn. Thanks for sharing Noni Suzanne. Made for Fall PAC.