This is from a few different recipes that I got ideas from to make my own version. If you want a thicker soup, add a small amount of instant potatoes towards the end to your desired thickness.
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
- 1 (28 ounce) bag O'Brien potatoes, frozen
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 3 (14 3/4 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup dried onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3 cups half-and-half (fat free is okay)
- Put frozen potatoes O'Brien in crock pot.
- In seperate bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except butter.
- Pour into crock pot and stir in with potatoes.
- Stir in the butter, or just throw it on top of the mixture -- it will melt as cooking.
- Cook on low for approx 6 hours.