Prep 5 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a great corn chowder my family enjoys.
- 425.24 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 425.24 g can creamed corn
- 2-3 medium potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 473.18 ml chicken broth
- 473.18 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- Combine first 7 ingredients in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- Mash up potatoes a bit if desired.
- Stir in milk and butter and cook on high about 1 hour more.
This is really delicious. Followed the recipe exactly and used the hand blender after the final hour to thicken up - but left lots of chunks of potatoes and corn. served topped with bacon and homemade bread. Yummy!
What's better than having hot soup waiting for you after a busy day? I made this as written, using 3 potatoes. I chopped them fairly small, so they were perfectly tender afetr about 7 hours. I did mash them a bit, but I still woud have liked the soup to be thicker. I only used 2 tbsp of butter with the milk. Next time I will add some cornatsrch to the milk to thicken this some more. Thanx for posting!
Good recipe, a few minor mistakes on my part. I only had one potato, so my soup was a little bit... empty. The flavor was GREAT (I added some fresh ground pepper, a few dashes of paprika and a splash of Tabasco), but the broth was a bit thin. Next time I think I'll try stirring in some instant potato flakes at the end for thickness, and make sure to cut the onions a bit smaller. Overall, tasty!