1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Coq Au Vin
A variation on the classic French dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and slice garlic cloves. Cut chicken into pieces, or use thighs. Put in large bowl with bay leaves, thyme, and garlic. Pour enough wine over chicken to cover. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- 2Dice bacon. Fry until crisp. Remove to paper towel. Saute mushrooms in bacon drippings, adding oil or butter if needed, until they begin to brown.
- 3Remove chicken from marinade, reserving marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Brown chicken pieces in oil or butter, on all sides.
- 4Peel and slice carrots into 1/2 inch pieces. Put onions and carrots in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken, mushrooms and bacon . Stir tomato paste into 2 cups of wine marinade (with garlic pieces and bay leaves) and pour over all. Discard remaining marinade. Cover and cook on low setting 6 hours.
- 5Remove chicken to platter and keep warm. Stir cornstarch into 1/4 cup water and add to sauce. Turn to high and cook until thickened. (You may want to use more cornstarch, depending on how thick you want gravy.) Stir in salt and pepper to taste. Return chicken to pot and serve with mashed potatoes or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Coq Au Vin
Serving Size: 1 (978 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1594.8
- Calories from Fat 847
- Total Fat 94.1 g
- Saturated Fat 28.1 g
- Cholesterol 378.7 mg
- Sodium 861.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 93.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen pearl onions