Recipe by Mommy2Peanuts
I've been at the chili game for a few years now. It's taken A LOT of tweaking, but I think that this chili hits the spot for my husband and our friends. It can be a little bit spicy, but we tend to like the heat. You can omit the tobasco and jalapeno for a much more mild version. I absolutely think that this is best topped with a dollop of sour cream and shredded sharp cheddar. Scoop it up with some Fritos scoops and you're all set for the big game! Cook up the chili meat the night before and just add it along with the other ingredients before you head out to church on Sunday morning---viola, ready for the kick-off!
Top Review by deb12
Enjoyed this for the Big Game. Sorry our team lost, but loved the chili! Used kidney beans...I liked it with sour cream and cheese, dh had it plain. Really complex taste. Thanks for sharing.
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄4 onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (I keep the seeds)
- 2 -3 teaspoons garlic salt (or 2-3 cloves garlic, minced and add a little salt)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 (30 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (use your favorite as this can really alter the taste)
- 1 1⁄2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 4 -6 dashes Tabasco sauce
- garlic powder
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
- corn chips (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef with the onion and 1/2 the jalapeno. Drain well.
- Add beef mixture to crock pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients (except the "optional" ingredients) to the crock pot and stir.
- Allow the chili to cook on low 5-6 hours or high 2-3 hours.