Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 hrs
Carefree cooking that serves a crowd. The bonus is it is only 3 WW points.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 " cubes
- 5 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 low-sodium chicken bouillon cubes
- artificial sweetener, equal to 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups cold water
- In a 5-quart crock pot, combine the first 12 ingredients.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir into chicken mixture.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours or until vegetables are tender.
This was good, and very healthy, but I didn't find it to be "soul satisfying". We had the leftovers with brown rice, and that was better. It certainly was a great way to use some random veggies that I had.
Lovely combination of ingredients. I had to add an additional tbsp of cornstarch as the gravy was very thin. I used 2 cups of broth instead of the ranuales and water and added anothe 1/2 tsp of chili Very enjoyable dinner I do wonder if it will feed 10 - Think more like 6
I loved this and it makes a nice gravy/sauce when it reaches it's done time in the crock pot. A slice or two of low carb bread and some smart balance spread to go with it and it was delicious. Good hearty stew. I used 1/2 lb more chicken and 2 cans of the italian style tomatoes. was delicious!