Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A popular, easy, and flavorful way to cook a small ham for the holidays, a dinner party or to have ham for sandwiches, soups or casseroles.
- 3 -4 lbs fully cooked boneless ham
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 2 (12 ounce) cans Coca-Cola
- Remove ham from packaging.
- Lightly score ham in diagonal lines first one way, then crosswise, to form a diamond pattern, being careful not to cut any deeper than about a eighth of an inch. (You can score both sides if you like).
- Make a paste of brown sugar and mustard (I used Boar's Head Honey Mustard).
- Rub paste into ham on sides that have been lightly scored.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Pour in two cans of coca cola into bottom of pot, not pouring directly over ham to wash away brown sugar paste.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
It was super and very appreciated! Very simple one note perhaps make sure ham fits in crockpot.
This is the MOST EXCELLENT ham I've ever had in my life!!!! My husband is an avid ham hater and I made this one day against his will and he DEVOURED it! In fact...he actually requested this AGAIN last night over another shrimp dish that he loves. I said "are you kidding me?" The leftovers are excellent!! The kids (ages 2 and 4) each had 3 helpings of ham last night. And I love ham and find it to be the most flavorful and moist ham I've ever tried. Not to mention...SIMPLE!! Let the crockpot do the work! I use only 1 can of coke and I used Gulden's spicy mustard in the rub. I also use a 3 pound ham and only cooked it on low for 3.5 hours and is PERFECT. One of THE BEST crock pot recipes ever. Thank you so much for posting this one!
This was really good and we did not have any leftovers. I used a pre-sliced ham but only cooked it for about an hour and a half so it didn't dry out. I watched it closely and the results were delicious. Thanks so much!