Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
It doesn't get more simple then this, try different pops for a different taste. This is truly an easy recipe, great for those days when your pantry is a little low.
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast, cubed
- 1 (40 g) package dry onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can cola
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced and
- 4 carrots, sliced layer on the bottom of the crock pot
- Place the meat in the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the soup mix over the meat.
- Pour the cola over everything.
- Cover and cook on Low 8-10 hours.
- Serve as a roast or shredded, mixed with the sauce and serve on buns.
This was a disaster. I cooked the roast in the slow cooker for several hours according to the recipe, then decided to follow the tip of adding a can of mushroom soup. After I had added it, I sampled it and it tasted like mould. I thought perhaps the package of onion soup had somehow gone bad, so I threw out the gravy, rinsed off the roast and made the gravy again, this time with beef stock instead of onion soup. Same mouldy taste. I used a generic blue brand of cola from a big supermarket which I sampled before adding, and it was fine, so I'm thinking there was some kind of weird reaction between it and the mushroom soup. The roast beef itself was very tender though. I will probably try this again, but without the mushroom soup.
I made this dish and it was very delicious
This was awesome,I added the soup too and also a cup of beef broth!!!!!!!