Prep 10 mins
Cook 17 hrs
Makes great barbecue sandwiches! You can use your favorite cola and sauce to vary the tastes. Good to freeze in smaller portions and pull out as needed.
- 1 pork roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- Cut all visible fat from roast, put in crock and cook 12 hrs (You could set this to cook all night) on low.
- Note: I pour a soda over the roast to give it a little extra flavor.
- Remove meat from crock and drain all juice from crock.
- Shred meat and return to crock add 1 bottle barbecue sauce and cola and cook 5-6 hrs more.
- MAKES A LOT!
- Freezes great.
Delicious & oh so easy! Cooked this overnight, and by lunch the next day had BBQ sandwiches. Used 2 lb pork roast, kraft original BBQ sauce, & Coke. Very sweet tasting sauce.
I rubbed the roast with some sprinkles of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I placed a couple onion slices on the bottom of the crockpot. I used Dr. Pepper and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. In fact, I was in a hurry and turned the crock on high. The roast still turned out great. It tasted just like the bbq at a national bbq chain restaurant. Thanks for this recipe!
I thought this recipe was fun and easy. You should have seen the looks I got when I opened the cola! I liked the flavor of the sauce- it didn't over-power the pork. I did add some chopped onion. Will certainly make this again.