Makes great barbecue sandwiches! You can use your favorite cola and sauce to vary the tastes. Good to freeze in smaller portions and pull out as needed.
- 1 pork roast
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (your favorite)
- Cut all visible fat from roast, put in crock and cook 12 hrs (You could set this to cook all night) on low.
- Note: I pour a soda over the roast to give it a little extra flavor.
- Remove meat from crock and drain all juice from crock.
- Shred meat and return to crock add 1 bottle barbecue sauce and cola and cook 5-6 hrs more.
- MAKES A LOT!
- Freezes great.
Delicious & oh so easy! Cooked this overnight, and by lunch the next day had BBQ sandwiches. Used 2 lb pork roast, kraft original BBQ sauce, & Coke. Very sweet tasting sauce.
I rubbed the roast with some sprinkles of salt, pepper, and garlic powder. I placed a couple onion slices on the bottom of the crockpot. I used Dr. Pepper and Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce. In fact, I was in a hurry and turned the crock on high. The roast still turned out great. It tasted just like the bbq at a national bbq chain restaurant. Thanks for this recipe!
I thought this recipe was fun and easy. You should have seen the looks I got when I opened the cola! I liked the flavor of the sauce- it didn't over-power the pork. I did add some chopped onion. Will certainly make this again.