Recipe by strawberryjane
I put this on before work and dinner is done when I get home! Add whatever veggies you like..really tender and flavorful! Cook on low in crock-pot..The serving size depends on what size roast you buy.
Top Review by Loves2Teach
Threw this into the crockpot yesterday morning so we would have a great meal for my first day back teaching. Wow! The meat was so tender and flavorful. Ended up using 3-4 carrots, 6-7 mushrooms, and 4 potatoes (forgot the corn!). Ended up eating dinner when I got home at 4:20 because it smelled so good! DH ate 3/4 of it by himself! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 beef roast, of choice
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 (12 ounce) can Coke
- red potatoes, halved
- carrot, cut in chunks
- fresh mushrooms, whole or sliced (optional)
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained well
Directions See How It's Made
- Use the size roast and the amount of vegetables you need to feed your family.
- I usually buy a big roast and add lots of the veggies.
- Put roast in a crock-pot,sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Add coke to almost cover the roast.
- Add carrots to liquid around roast and all other vegetables to top of meat.
- Cook all day on low (8-10 hours),or on high 5-6 hours.
- Liquid makes a great gravy.