1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Coca-Cola Pulled Pork
8 hrs 15 mins
This is a modified version of a friend's recipe for pulled pork. Hers is always a hit at potlucks. The only revisions I made to her original recipe were to suit my family's taste. This is the easiest, tastiest pulled pork. Set the Crock Pot before you leave the house for work and return home to a wonderful aroma and a main dish that is ready when you are. It turns out slightly sweet and smokey with a hint of heat. The Coca-Cola makes the meat fall-off-the-bone tender. I could make my own barbecue sauce but choose to use Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy sauce instead. It's easier, and my family loves it! Use your favorite brand of barbecue sauce if Famous Dave's brand is unavailable in your area. Serve on a burger bun or on its own and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (4 -5 lb) pork roast (shoulder or butt)
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced, dehydrated
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced, dehydrated
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 liter Coca-Cola (or other brand of cola)
- 1 (20 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce (I use Famous Dave's Rich & Sassy)
- 1Place roast in a 5 quart crock pot. Season with garlic, onion, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Add liquid smoke and pour in Coca-Cola until it reaches nearly the top of the roast (or covers it depending on the cut of meat).
- 2Set Crock Pot on low heat and cook for 8-10 hours.
- 3When ready to serve, remove roast from Crock Pot to a platter. Remove any bones and trim all fat. With a fork, begin "pulling" pork apart into thin shreds. Add barbecue sauce and fold into meat.
- 4Serve pulled pork on a burger bun or on its own.
- 5Note: If preparing this dish for a potluck, pour 1 cup of Crock Pot liquid into a measuring cup and discard the remainder. Then return pulled pork to Crock Pot, set on warm or low heat setting, add 1/2 cup of reserved liquid (to keep the meat from drying out) and cover until ready to serve. If the meat is in the Crock Pot for more than one hour, add more liquid as needed for moisture.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Coca-Cola Pulled Pork
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.8
- Calories from Fat 154
- Total Fat 17.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 190.5 mg
- Sodium 1055.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 19.6 g
- Protein 68.7 g