Prep 5 mins
Cook 6 hrs
After searching for a crock pot recipe I had made a while ago, I found it on the Internet! Enjoy! Makes a bunch...
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of potato soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can New England clam chowder
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Mix cream of celery soup, cream of potato soup, clam chowder, 1 can undrained clams, 1 can drained clams, half-and-half cream, and whipping cream into a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
I don't usually like canned soups in a recipe, but this is an excellent exception! Did make change of adding a bottle of clam juice to intensify the clam taste. Will have this again. Thnx for posting, Ang11002.
This is very good clam chowder, especially considering how easy it is. I replaced the whipping cream with skim evaporated milk, and used fat-free half-and-half. It will definitely be a keeper!
We really enjoyed this soup and it couldn't be easier. Following some of the other recommendations I used fat free Half n Half and added potato flakes but next time I will try the trick with the lid to see if that thickens it. I may also add more clams. Thanks for a great recipe!