1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Citrus Ginger Chicken
This is one of my favorites. The flavor is best if you marinate the chicken in the sauce overnight or freeze in the sauce and thaw in the fridge overnight before cooking. This can also be baked in the oven in around 30 minutes. Serve over a bed of aromatic rice such as jasmine or basmati rice with a mix of steamed vegetables on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine marmalade, lime juice, pineapple, soy sauce, mustard, ginger, cayenne, garlic and sugar in a gallon size zip lock bag.
- 2Cut chicken into serving size pieces and add to the sauce. Refrigerate overnight or freeze.
- 3To thaw, place in fridge overnight.
- 4Empty contents of bag into your crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-6 hours.
- 5You can also bake this in a 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 6If the sauce is too runny when cooked in a crockpot, mix 2 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water and stir into the sauce. Cook on high until thickened.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Citrus Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 243.4
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 246.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 18.0 g
- Protein 35.4 g