Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy and delicious crock pot stew
- 30 ounces tomatoes, with juice crushed (1 large or 2 15oz cans)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce (1 small can)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 hot pepper, chopped (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cod fish fillet (deboned cubed)
- 1 dozen prawns
- 1 dozen scallops
- 1 dozen mussels
- 1 dozen clam (can use canned)
- Place all ingredients except seafood in crock pot. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before serving, add seafood. Turn crock pot on high and stir gently once or twice.
- Serve with sourdough bread.
- Water can be added to thin the stew, but I leave it thick.
- Special notes:
- We doubled the recipe to feed about 6-7 adults + 1 child.
- We used a 5-6 quart Crockpot and it was very full.
- We used 1lb of bagged frozen shrimp, thawed. (Costco)
- 1lb. bagged frozen scallops, thawed. (Costco)
- I can’t remember what fish we used, a hearty one that will hold up.
- We bought our mussels at price chopper because Costco only sells them in 4lb bags.
- We omitted the clams
- Cooking note: the seafood cooled down the sauce significantly when added at the end. I remember it took quite a bit longer than 30 minutes to cook the seafood and we even ended up turning it up, so I would allow more time and put it in earlier.