Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My friend Julie was saying that she never likes the recipes in crock pot cookbooks. This one met with her approval!
- 1 roasting chicken, cut up, skin removed
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick, about 3 inches long
- 5 slices fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken.
- Put the chicken parts in crock pot and pour mixture over meat.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This smelled great while it was cooking, but unfortunately we didn't really care for the taste. I found the taste of the soy to be overpowering, and it made the chicken meat taste very salty. Perhaps increasing the amount of honey would help, and although the smell of the cinnamon was strong while it was cooking, I couldn't really detect it in the flavor of the finished dish. It was a very easy dish to put together though, and I'm glad I tried it.