Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Have your chili 3,4, or 5 ways, Cincinnati style. This is also great on hot dogs, smothered with shredded cheese.
Crock pot Ingredients
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
Have It 5 Ways
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained, and heated
- hot sauce (your favorite- I like Franks or Crystal)
- Brown ground beef, onions, and celery in a large skillet, drain off all fat.
- Place ingredients for the crock pot into the slow-cooker and stir well.
- Cover crock pot and cook for 7-9 hours on low, or 3 1/2-4 1/2 hours on high, stirring during last part of cooking if using high setting.
- Cook spaghetti 1/2 hour before chili is done.
- To have chili 3-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili and cheese.
- To have chili 4-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili, onion, and cheese.
- To have spaghetti 5-ways, serve it with spaghetti, chili, beans, onion, and cheese.
- Douse your chili liberally with hot sauce, if desired.