Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
There's lots of flavor in this roast. A favorite slow cooker recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 4 potatoes, cut in chunks
- 3 lbs boneless chuck roast
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- Place vegetables in pot in order given.
- Place roast on vegetables.
- Mix remaining ingredients together.
- Pour over roast.
- Cook on hi for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.
- Thicken with a little flour and water if desired.
My family LOVED this! I didn't have Golden Mushroon soup so I used regular cream of mushroom and I only had French onion soup mix so substituted that also. When I was about to serve I took the meat and veggies out and thickened the gravy in a pot. The gravy was the hight point - I had to stop my family from putting it into a cup and drinking it! Hubby said, "Add that one to your repetoire honey!" Yes sir!
I didn't have any horseradish but this was super tender, had good flavor, and the kids loved it. Will do again!
This was an easy and great recipe. I mostly followed the direction as listed except for I ended up only having enough room for 2 potatoes. I cooked on low for about 7.5 hours and everything turned out perfectly cooked and the meat was very tender. There was enough liquid for plenty of gravy. Thank you for sharing. Now I have a reason to use my crock pot!