Recipe by Dib's
Here's an easy recipe that will use up your extra coffee!
Top Review by carmenclark
This was a great recipe and very easy. My roast was small so I reduced the onions to a quarter cup of diced sweet onion, half a clove garlic, hot instant coffee, and Tamari (instead of soy sauce - less salty). At the end the cooking time, the chuck was removed to add the whisked cornstarch mixture carefully into the liquid, whisking all until well blended. Then I put the meat back in for half an hour on high. The sauce thickened to produce a rich delicious dark gravy and the meat was moist and succulent. It was easier to shred the meat than slice it with a knife it because it was so tender. I served the meat and gravy over hot egg noodles. Awesome comfort food. Definitely a keeper recipe.
- 2 large yellow onions
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 cup brewed strong coffee
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 8 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the beef roast.
- Place half of the onions and garlic in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Add half the beef.
- Combine the coffee and soy sauce over beef and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
- Remove beef.
- Combine the cornstarch and water whisking to smooth.
- Add to the juices in crockpot and stir well.
- Return beef to crockpot and cover, cooking for another 30 minutes on high.