Recipe by suncow
This recipe makes a rich creamy gravy and is so easy...It originally called for cream of mushroom but I didn't have any so substituted cream of chicken and it makes it so much richer. All my kids love it, which is a miracle in itself.
Top Review by Chef Nonie39
Followed the recipe exactly, but this was not anything I would make again. Gravy was very bland. Meat was very tender but the rest was not worth the effort. There are many recipes on this site that blow this one away. Sorry, it just isn't for me.
- 3 -4 lbs chuck roast
- 1 (1 ounce) package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans water
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking.
- Place in crock pot.
- In a bowl mix together the onion soup mix, cream of chicken soup and 2 soup cans of water.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- If the liquid does not cover roast, add a little more water (but just enough to cover roast).
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Before you are ready to eat Ladle gravy mixture into sauce pan.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cold water and mix into boiling gravy-- You can use it straight from the crock pot but my family likes a thicker gravy.