Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe makes a rich creamy gravy and is so easy...It originally called for cream of mushroom but I didn't have any so substituted cream of chicken and it makes it so much richer. All my kids love it, which is a miracle in itself.
- Season roast with salt, pepper and garlic powder to your liking.
- Place in crock pot.
- In a bowl mix together the onion soup mix, cream of chicken soup and 2 soup cans of water.
- Pour mixture over roast.
- If the liquid does not cover roast, add a little more water (but just enough to cover roast).
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Before you are ready to eat Ladle gravy mixture into sauce pan.
- Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 1/4 cold water and mix into boiling gravy-- You can use it straight from the crock pot but my family likes a thicker gravy.