Recipe by Dancer^
I always had to make this twice for Christmas, I save 1 batch for us and wrap the rest in little packages to give as gifts.
- 1 lb walnut pieces
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger, ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice, ground
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove, ground
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3 1/2 quart crock pot, stir the walnuts and butter until combined.
- Add the powdered sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
- Cover and slow-cook on.
- high for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slow cook, uncovered,.
- stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze, about 2 hours.
- Transfer the nuts to a serving bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the spices and sift them over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly.
- Cool the nuts completely before serving.