Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I keep frozen packages of ground beef in my freezer which makes this recipe even easier to make. This is a family favorite.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 bunch celery, sliced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Chinese vegetables, drained
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) envelopes brown gravy mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink and drain.
- Transfer to crock pot.
- Stir in the celery, Chinese vegetables, gravy mixes and soy sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until celery is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over rice.
This is pretty good for those busy days. I make it with cubed pork and add additional water chestnuts. This can also be made on the stove top rather than in the crock pot. I just add some additional water and simmer on medium low until the celery is cooked through. I serve with brown rice and a fruit salad. I also use the reduced sodium brown gravy mix. Great weekday meal for my family. I think this would also freeze great.