Crock Pot Choucroute Garni
- Drain sauerkraut well. Place in bottom of crock pot.
- Sauté bacon in hot skillet for 5 minutes. Add oil, onion and carrot, and sauté until onion is golden and soft.
- Stir bacon mixture and grated apple into sauerkraut.
- Add kielbasa to sauerkraut. (I use Hillshire Farms "Light" Kielbasa.) Tuck juniper and bouquet garni into cheesecloth and add to crock pot. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Add wine, and just enough chicken broth to cover.
- Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 6-8 hours. Remove cheesecloth, then stir in chopped parsley before serving.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and pumpernickel or dark rye bread.