Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
A homey, one pot meal that is satisfying and delicious!
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) package sauerkraut, drained, rinsed well
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 5 slices Canadian bacon, in strips
- 1⁄2 lb turkey kielbasa, in 6 pieces
- 1 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- Stir together the cabbage, carrot, sauerkraut, cider, sugar, garlic, pepper, caraway, and allspice in slow cooker.
- Bury the Canadian bacon in the kraut, pressing down to compact.
- Top with kielbasa & potatoes.
- Cover & cook on low for 7 hours, until potatoes are tender.
This is indeed a one Pot, excellent meal! Geema once again I took liberties with the recipe - - I did not have Turkey Kielbasa and used M & M Lean sausage (excellent sausage but lacked a bit of kick) so I upped the garlic and added 3 tbsp Denzel's "Peaches & Scream" sauce. Also I found that after 4 1/2 hours of cooking it needed a bit more moisture so I added 1/2 cup tomato juice -turned the crockpot to "keep Warm" after 5 1/2 hours - Perfect meal, subtle flavor so thanks again Geema for sheer meal enjoyment