Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Melt in your mouth pork chops that are tasty served over rice.
- 4 one inch thick pork chops
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Brown pork chops in oil if desired. I never do this step.
- Place chops in crock pot.
- Add to crock pot- garlic, soy sauce, broth, brown sugar.
- Cook in crock pot on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the chops carefully as they will fall apart quite easily.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water. Gradually stir cornstarch into the sauce in crock pot.
- Put the chops back into the crock pot and cook 20 to 30 minutes longer until sauce thickens.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
The absolute best pork chops ever. I fixed with 1 inch thick boneless pork chops in larger crock pot. I added a bit more chicken broth to cover the pork chops half way. Excellent!!
Super easy and really good. I was very surprised. Definately a do again. The sauce is wonderful. I will not cook them as long next time tho.
This is a very good basic recipe -- great for those times when you don't have much in the pantry. Thanks for sharing.