Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Bread pudding dressed up with chocolate and raspberries is a total comfort food good enough for guests.
- 6 cups Hawaiian bread or 6 cups challah, cubed 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry (do not use frozen!)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- Place half of the bread cubes in a buttered 4 quart crock pot.
- Sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Cover with the remaining bread cubes, then top with remaining chocolate chips and raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour evenly over the bread mixture in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting about 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until set. NOTE: do no cook on the low heat setting for a longer time!
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.
Hmm, not sure how to rate this one. All ingredients looked good, but the bread came out hard and dry. I used an older crockpot, so I don't think it was caused by the heat of the newer ones. With these ingredients it should taste great, so I'm going to try it again and increase the liquid quite a bit to see how that works. Then I'll update my review. Sorry, I really wanted to like this alot.