Recipe by Geema
Bread pudding dressed up with chocolate and raspberries is a total comfort food good enough for guests.
Top Review by lazyme
Hmm, not sure how to rate this one. All ingredients looked good, but the bread came out hard and dry. I used an older crockpot, so I don't think it was caused by the heat of the newer ones. With these ingredients it should taste great, so I'm going to try it again and increase the liquid quite a bit to see how that works. Then I'll update my review. Sorry, I really wanted to like this alot.
- 6 cups Hawaiian bread or 6 cups challah, cubed 1-inch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 pint fresh raspberry (do not use frozen!)
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- whipped cream (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place half of the bread cubes in a buttered 4 quart crock pot.
- Sprinkle on half of the chocolate chips and raspberries.
- Cover with the remaining bread cubes, then top with remaining chocolate chips and raspberries.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla until well blended.
- Pour evenly over the bread mixture in the cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting about 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until set. NOTE: do no cook on the low heat setting for a longer time!
- Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream on top.