Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs 5 mins
I found this recipe online and thought it would make perfect home-made candy gifts.
Make and share this Crock Pot Chocolate Peanut Candy recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (4 ounce) bar baker's German chocolate
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 (32 ounce) jar dry roasted salted peanuts
- Stir all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3 hours. Do not lift lid or stir.
- After 3 hours, stir well for 3-5 minutes.
- Drop spoonfuls onto wax paper to cool. Or, spread on wax paper and cut into squares when cool.
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready to box as gifts.
this recipe was a big mess it did not turn out good at all.
Wanted to give this an updated review. This was the best recipe I found in terms of having easy-to-find ingredients. I have made this twice now. Once following the recipe & directions to the letter. This last time, I could not get them made in 3 hours. I had the crockpot turned off (but not opened) after nearly four hours. About 1.5 hours later, I finally opened it up to stir and it was fine! Got a rave review from the person who "won" this in our office's white elephant gift exchange, too. The combination of the chocolate and the salty peanuts is to die for!
Unbelievably easy and delicious too! DD (age 14) and I made this together. We all loved it. We'd also like to try it with other nuts such as cashews, pecans and macadamias. Yum! Like the other reviewer, I will be adding this to my recipes that I use for homemade gifts. Wonderful!