1/4 Photos of Crock Pot Chocolate Mud Cake
2 hrs 15 mins
The kids and I made this delicious dessert over the holidays. It turns out to be cakey on top with a layer of warm saucy chocolate on the bottom. Yum, it reaches all level of chocolate satisfaction. We did not wait for the recommended cooling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate or 2 ounces chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder, plus
- 1/3 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups hot water
- whipped cream or ice cream
- 1Coat the inside of a 2 ½ quart to 5 quart slow cooker or crock pot with cooking spray. (Note: the cake's cooking time and final appearance will vary depending on your crock's size.)
- 2Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave or over a pan of simmering water and mix well.
- 4Whisk in the 2/3 cup of sugar, 3 tablespoons of cocoa, vanilla, salt, milk, and egg yolk.
- 5Add the flour mixture and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- 6Pour the batter into the slow cooker and spread it evenly.
- 7In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, cocoa and hot water until the sugar is dissolved.
- 8Pour the mixture over the batter in the slow cooker.
- 9Cover and cook on high for 1 ¼ to 2 ¼ hours, depending on size of the crock pot.
- 10Even when done, the cake will be very moist and floating on a layer of molten chocolate, but you will know it is ready when nearly all of the cake is set and the edges begin to pull away from the sides of the pot.
- 11(As you check, try not to let the condensed steam from the lid, drip on the cake.) When it is done, turn off the power and remove the lid.
- 12Let it cool for 25 minutes, then serve it in bowls topped with whipped cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chocolate Mud Cake
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 442.4
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 60.0 mg
- Sodium 337.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 45.6 g
- Protein 5.8 g