Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this on a site called "Rubies & Radishes" and I am posting for safe keeping. I love chicken mole and I am hoping that I can make this and it's tastes just as good as the moles that I've had in restaurants. This was also listed as a Paleo recipe.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -2 spicy bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 cups chicken broth (I used beef broth cause that's all I had & it turned out fine)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 chicken breasts
- fresh cilantro
- lime wedge
- tomatoes, sliced
- cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a pan over medium heat, add the olive oil.
- When heated, add onion and garlic, stirring to soften for 5 minutes.
- Add the spicy peppers and tomatoes, stirring to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Carefully pour the mixture into a blender.
- Add the almond butter, broth, chili powder, and cinnamon. Puree the mixture until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return the mixture to the pot over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate and stir until melted.
- Place the chicken breasts in a crock pot and add mixture.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 5 hours into cooking, remove lid and use 2 forks to shred chicken the best you can. Do this again 1 hour before cooking time is over.
- Transfer the mole to a serving dish and serve with cilantro, lime, avocado, tomatoes and cabbage.