Recipe by Viclynn
This is a great summer dessert because you don't heat up the kitchen from the oven. The gooey, rich fudge sauce that rests under the cake is a bonus! My daughter requests this over and over again....
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed, DIVIDED
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, DIVIDED
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tbl. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Spread over the bottom of the slower cooker.
- Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in crock pot. Do not stir.
- Pour in boiling water. Do not stir.
- Cover, cook on High for 2-3 hours. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.