Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a great summer dessert because you don't heat up the kitchen from the oven. The gooey, rich fudge sauce that rests under the cake is a bonus! My daughter requests this over and over again....
- 1 3⁄4 cups brown sugar, packed, DIVIDED
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, DIVIDED
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- Stir together 1 cup brown sugar, flour, 3 tbl. cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the milk, butter and vanilla. Spread over the bottom of the slower cooker.
- Mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup cocoa. Sprinkle over mixture in crock pot. Do not stir.
- Pour in boiling water. Do not stir.
- Cover, cook on High for 2-3 hours. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.
Off the hook! Very easy yet decadent, would be great for dinner parties. Definitely serve in a bowl with ice cream. The flavor, texture and moistness is perfect.
Oh my goodness, what a delight this was. Easy peasy. This is definately going to become a classic in our household. made it for a sunday dinner. Put the crock pot on, put in all the ingredients as described and left it to do its own thing, and it was the most decadent, delicious pudding we have ever had. 10/10 chef.