Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I took a recipe of mine and re-vamped it to our liking. We thought it was really good. Spicy!!!!
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 lbs pork roast, fat removed and cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- sea salt
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 2 (10 ounce) cansrotel diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Add meat, sprinkle evenly with cumin. Add sea salt to taste. Cook until meat is no longer pink or lightly browned.
- Add meat to crock pot.
- Add onion, garlic, chile, adobo sauce and all canned tomatoes.
- Stir and mix well.
- Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add corn and beans and cook 1 more hour.
- Serve with a dap of sour cream, if desired.