120 hrs 15 mins
This is a recipe I came up with the other evening to satisfy my craving for comfort food. I needed a one-dish meal, as my crock-pot is the only cooking apparatus I have left after kitchen fire. Great for getting your veggies without extra work or dishes (I love to use spinach and mushrooms whenever I can!). Makes fantastic sandwiches next day (also makes yummy meatballs!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs ground meat (I use 1 lb beef, 1 lb turkey)
- 2 -3 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 1 onion, grated (with juice)
- 1/4 cup carrot, grated
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/3 cup portabella mushroom, minced
- 2/3 cup frozen spinach
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (Asian hot chile sauce)
- 1 cup cracker, crushed (I use Cheez-its and Triscuits)
- 1/3 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup cheese, shredded (I use Sargento's Shredded Chipotle, yum!)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 chipotle pepper, pulverized
- 1Mix first 7 ingredients in a bowl. Be careful not to overwork, otherwise your loaf will be tough (hint for any meatloaf!).
- 2In another bowl, beat eggs with ketchup, sour cream and sriracha sauce. Add to meat mixture.
- 3Stir in cracker/breadcrumbs and cheese until just mixed inches.
- 4Shape into two loaves, place in crock pot.
- 5Mix tomato sauce and chipotle pepper, spread on top of loaf.
- 6Cook on med-low for 5 hours or until done.
- 7If desired, sprinkle some shredded Chipotle cheese on top of loaf about 10 mins before serving. You can also make a gravy out of the "juice" that results in bottom of pan by adding some beef broth and thickening with cornstarch.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Chipotle Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (87 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.7
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 71.7 mg
- Sodium 454.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: