Recipe by Worland
This is a wonderful dish. The heat from the chipotle is nicely mellowed by the sour cream and the sweetness from the sweet potatoes. I would serve this to company---very yummy. Posted from A Year of Slow Cooking.
- 1 -2 lb chicken breast
- 10 ounces mushrooms
- 1⁄2 chopped onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1 small sweet potato (peeled and chopped in chunks)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream (to add later)
- brown sugar (optional ( to cut the spiciness if need be)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the chicken to the crock pot.
- Prepare the vegetables and add on top of the chicken.
- Put in the broth, and add the spices.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until the chicken is done and is beginning to shred.
- Before serving, stir in the sour cream. If needed, heat on high for 30 minutes to bring back to desired serving temperature.
- Add brown sugar in small increments if you want to cut the heat.
- Serve over pasta or brown rice.