Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook4 hrs 15 mins
I love the distinct flavor of the chipotle chiles in this recipe, and using chicken thighs is a refreshing change from the frequently used ground beef and taco seasoning. For milder heat use less chiles and seed them!
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped canned chipotle chile in adobo (for less heat use less chile)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt and pepper
- 8 hard taco shells
Serve with the usual taco toppings
- shredded cheese
- sour cream
- In crock-pot, combine chicken, garlic, salsa, chiles, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and teaspoon pepper. Cover; cook on high, 4 hours (or on low, 8 hours).
- Transfer chicken to a serving bowl, and shred, using two forks; moisten with cooking juices. Serve in taco shells, with toppings.
- This recipe can be made in the oven too, just preheat oven to 350 degrees. and use a 5-quart Dutch oven or ovenproof pot with a tight-fitting lid; add 2 cups water. Cover; bake until chicken is fork-tender, about 2 hours.