Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
Another great recipe from Conagra.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, with rib meat attached cut in 1-inch chunks
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes, plus 1 can water
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo
- 6 ounces egg noodles
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, and chiles in sauce in Crock-Pot(R) Slow Cooker. Cook on LOW 8 hours (or HIGH 4 hours).
- Stir in noodles the last 30 minutes of cook time; cook until noodles are tender.
This was very good, but I couldn't leave well enough alone. I did also add some chopped celery, onion and garlic and carrots. Made it more of a "one dish" meal. I only had some thick homestyle noodles and added them. Tested after 1/2 hour and they were just fine, so even thicker noodles work in this recipe. I liked the leftovers a lot for lunch the next day too!
SOOOO good and SOOO easy! I am not used to the hot chipotle so this was a bit painful for me...but it was so good I just kept eating it! I have to build my tolerance up so I can continue to enjoy this one. Hubby loved it as well. I think sour cream would go great on this, will try it next time. 2 days later...just made this again and added lime juice, cilantro, and stirred in sour cream at the end. Delish! Thanks again!